Thursday, July 08, 2004

Can-O-Balls

Sticking with a culinary theme today, Reuters reports that acclaimed filmmaker Rosa von Praunheim will direct a film about Armin Meiwes, the notorious German cannibal who pan-fried a willing victim, starting with his schnitzel.

Von Praunheim, a 61-year-old gay activist who has made over 50 films including an erotic comedy entitled "Can I Be Your Bratwurst, Please?," said the case intrigued him as he had been studying cannibalism for the last 20 years.


I didn't make that up -- it's in the Reuters story. If I had made it up it would've been nonsense such as:

Is that your penis in a frying pan, or are you just happy to see me? It will undoubtedly be an Academy Award wiener. Gene Shallit says, "I smell an Oscar... Meyer." You really can have your Jake and eat him, too. Rumor has it Dick van Patten, Wang Chung, Peter O'Toole, Willy Nelson and Rod Stewart will have wok-on appearances.


OK, now I've made myself sick and have to go throw up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phelps said...

I recall from last year that Praunheim was the guy who actually put an ad in a German newspaper asking for a victim, and since the dinner guest volunteered to be killed and eaten by Praunheim, the police were impotent to prevent the flesh feast. (Long sentence, there, sorry it was such a mouthful.)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Phelps said...

Oops. I meant to say that Armin Meiwes was the guy who put the ad in the paper and ate the other guy, not Praunheim. I'm always putting my foot in my mouth.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praunheim might have eaten someone. The post said he had studied cannabalism for 20 years. Maybe he did some field work.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gene Shallit smells a weener, tell me something I don't know.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter