Monday, April 30, 2007

Turning Back Time on the Virgin Clock

(PARIS) -- Sitting in a cafe near the Champs Elysees, the 26-year-old French-born woman of Algerian descent looks like any other Parisian. But last week, she did something none of her friends have done.

She had her hymen re-sewn, technically making her a virgin again.

"I'm glad I had it done," said Fedwa Halaak, who spoke to TP's European correspondent, Mitch through a third party chaperone, her Aunt Amelia. "I wanted to reconstruct part of my life, to reconstruct myself so that I could feel better about myself."

Hymenoplasty: 1.5k Euro, Female Circumcision: 10 Euro and a Chicken.Doctor Akbar Amagonnapokher, who built a thriving female circumcision practice in Algeria and has since moved to Paris, says the 30-minute outpatient procedure, called "hymenoplasty" is increasingly popular among young women of North African descent in France. It costs between 1,500 and 3,000 euros ($2,000-$4,000) or three Turkish rugs and a goat.

Dr. Akbar says that even Hollywood celebrities have been approaching him to perform the procedure, including the Olsen twins, Brittany Spears, Andy Dick, and Paris Hilton. On Ms. Hilton, Dr. Akbar said confidentially, "there's not enough suture thread in the world to repair that hymen."

Before leaving the cafe, Fedwa opined, "Now, if only there was a way to make Allah forget all my years of whorish adultery and pursuit of Western carnal pleasure that lead to my hymen being broken in the first place."

Actual Story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter