Friday, January 21, 2005

Presidential Balls Swollen with Pride and Hubris

On inauguration day in Washington DC, thousands of Republicans dressed in their finest party clothes and paid thousands of dollars to see the President's balls. It was on all the news. Or maybe they were just attending the balls, the gala celebrations of the lame duckness of their prophet and savior.
One quote caught me off guard. At the last ball (the one held exclusively for military personnel and their families) the President gave his weak little speech, then pointed out a disabled vet in the audience. (I'll paraphrase what the President said.)
"Hey, I see a familiar face. I visited with you not long ago in the uh... uh... military hospital. It's good to see you here, brotha."

Brotha? He's calling wounded soldiers "brother" now, LIKE HE'S ONE OF THEM?

I would have been less surprised to hear him say, "Hey, I see a familiar face. I visited with you not long ago in the uh... uh... military hospital. How come you're still alive? Now you're going to leach off the VA payrolls the rest of your life and ruin my plans for a balanced budget, aren't you? Get the hell away from my gala balls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter