Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Is Phelps a Sodomite?

Depends on your point of view, I guess.

Seems that Anonymous (see Nativity comments) thinks I like to do it doggie style, or whatever qualifies these days as sodomy. I personally prefer to think of myself as a Gomorrahn. It never quite gets the credit it should, always being overshadowed by its sister city, Sodom, but I'm certain that somewhere in the annals of biblical history, they did much worse to warrant God's wrath in Gomorrah than just wanting to get to know strangers.

And when you're called a sodomite, does it mean you're a homosexual, a rapist, or just a really inhospitable host?

I'm not even sure if the state I live in has any sodomy laws on the books still. But take a look at this from the ACLU. In Virginia, you can serve up to 5 years in prison for committing "sodomy" with someone of the opposite sex! That might mean oral sex between a husband and a wife (depending on what they define as sodomy). Does it apply to politicians and their interns, though? Watch out, senator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter