Monday, May 08, 2006

Damnit, David Didn't Drown

With showmanship so exaggerated it would give PT Barnum acid reflux, more commercial breaks than you could shake a stiff gecko at, and enough fanfare to extinguish a self-immolating monk, Mr. Blaine still managed to blow it.

Despite the hype, the weak emcee talent, and David's own unique brand of non-personality, he couldn't even come close to the great Harry Houdini. Remember, Dave, Houdini actually died trying.

Loser.

He bores me. Maybe he should go back to scaring people with that weak "levitation" trick on the sidewalk. Or better yet, how about raising someone from the dead? That's a cool one. Only a couple people have pulled that trick off in the last three thousand years . I loved his card tricks, but these stunts have got to end.

Shame on me.

But I'm to blame, I admit it. I watched the last 30 minutes of "Drowned Alive" last night. I was really hoping he would pull a Houdini, then maybe pull a Jesus Christ three days later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balducci_levitation

For all your levitation needs.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter